Basketball Zones Term 2 2023!!!

Kia Ora fellow bloggers! Today i’m going to talk about the term 2 2023 basketball zones!!!

Basketball zones was very fun. Our school Waikowhai split into three teams, I was in team Whero(the best team ever!), the team with green bibs. We had a 15 minute drive, 15 minute games and sometimes we had 15 minute rests. I was in a car with Jas, Stellan and Beckett. Beckett was most voted for team captain and took all of the pushes and hits for us. There were seven games in total. We got three rests and five minutes to practice before a game.

Now onto what you’ve been waiting for… THE GAMES!!!

On the first game my team was really nervous, on the practice time we were practicing our shooting. Tbh I think I was pretty good at it because I only missed one. We were playing against May road, they were really good, so we tried our best but we didn’t win. But that’s okay because we did have fun! The second and third were basically the same. But on the fourth Cris scored a hoop! Assisted by Beckett and Harlem. On the fifth I blocked 4 shots but they still scored three hoops. On the fifth match it was a training match. sixth and seventh were the same as the third and fourth but way more intense because they were so fast and good at passing. We kept saying to eachother “NEVER GIVE UP! KEEP GOING!!”

I felt like it was really fun and we took a photo of all three teams in Waikowhai.

Well I hope you enjoyed fellow bloggers! Ka Kite!

One thought on “Basketball Zones Term 2 2023!!!

1. Talofa Ryan, thank you for explaining how the day was set out before talking about the games. I like hearing that you all kept encouraging each other no matter what was happening. You mentioned one team kept passing, it is hard to bet a team that works together and that takes time and lots of practise before the day.
    Tanya Mundy
    Ako Hiko EPL